I am also new and was about to purchase a wooden waster, but if you have a ETA and a price point on the plastics I would be intrested in purchasing one.
If these are so durable will there be any future designs for full-contact sparring weapons with cores of this plastic? I hope they're not too expensive.
Last edited by Benjamin Smith on Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are these new plastic/nylon wasters hollow inside, or solid throughout?
Solid.
Jeff Hansen
ARMA FS
Birmingham, AL study group leader
"A coward believes he will ever live
if he keep him safe from strife:
but old age leaves him not long in peace
though spears may spare his life." - from The Havamal
Are these wasters likely to become available in time for Christmas? Because if not, I'm going to have to ask for a new NSA instead, which will postpone my purchase of one of these indefinitely.
Michael Chidester
General Free Scholar
ARMA Provo
"I have met a hundred men who would call themselves Masters, and taking all of their skill together they have not the makings of three good Scholars, let alone one Master."
I actually got the chance to handle one of these thanks to Jake Norwood. I gotta say I look forward to having one of my own. Yet since I just recieved my NSA waster I can afford patience and little else at the moment.
I had the opportunity for test the new nylon wasters (when Francisco Uribe coming Chile) and i think that is very nice... .It`s feel with bouth characteristic, flexible and slicker and when you are hitting its feel less hard than wood.